Need a laptop and software?
Once you are registered, you get access to the software portal of Academic software. Here you will find all the softwares and tools you can use during your course, this complemented with personal support for installation and use via Signpost (in Dutch).
Of course, this may be installed on your own personal laptop. This way, we ensure that every student has legal software at his or her disposal. This way, studying and following the programme with your laptop becomes a lot easier, both on and off campus!
All students have access to a programme-specific software bundle. Some programmes have extended this bundle with extra programmes, making it slightly more expensive. You can check the cost via Training-specific fees.
For every student, this is included in the attractive basic offer:
- Windows 10 licence
- Office 365 online and local installation
- OneDrive storage space of 1 TB
- McAfee Antivirus
- Combell WebHosting and your own domain name
- Access to the reading software Alinea
- SPSS: software for statistical analyses
I already have a laptop, can I use it?
You already have a laptop, but would like to know if it is suitable for your course? That is possible. Check whether your laptop meets the system requirements for your course.
I want to buy a laptop. What do you recommend?
Of course, you are free to buy your laptop wherever you want. Check the system requirements for your course below:
Please note that Odisee, together with Academic Shop, has developed a very attractive offer especially for you, including an extensive guarantee.
The main advantages?
- Choice of professional devices;
- 3 years of 'next-school-day support' at your home, on campus or in your digs - for your device and your battery;
- Can't be helped immediately? Then you get a free replacement device with a copy of all your data to the replacement device;
- Even after graduation, the 3-year warranty remains valid.
I want to lease a laptop. Is that possible?
Yes, you can. Through this webshop, you can buy the device that Odisee has proposed in the context of their BYOD project (Bring Your Own Device). You choose the device in function of your studies.
View the offer (To be linked)
What about Apple?
Within Odisee, we do not recommend the use of a Macbook, because certain software only works under a Windows operating system. If you are really a convinced Mac user, keep in mind that this will bring additional challenges:
- A Windows 10 installation will be required
- Virtualisation software is required for some generations of Macbook
- The Macbook must be equipped with sufficient disk space (500GB)
- Your Max OSX must be up to date
Can I count on extra support?
Yes, of course!
- An urgent problem with your laptop? No problem at all. In unforeseen circumstances we will help you out!
- If you need financial help to buy your laptop, you can contact our STUVO+ student services department. They will work with you to find the best solution.